[Proj] help with invproj

Eric Miller EMiller at dfg.ca.gov
Tue Sep 6 11:06:54 PDT 2005

Coordinates are read from standard input, not the command line.  Also,
you should specify +ellips instead of +datum since proj/invproj don't
know about datums.  Also, UTM generally has a zone and a south flag if
necessary (proj doesn't know about/use grid zones like 10T).

$> proj -I +proj=utm +ellips=nad83 +zone=11
281392 2056212
119d4'17.752"W  18d35'7.379"N
^Z

>>> naiara at mail.utexas.edu 09/06/05 10:47 AM >>>
Hi folks,

I am a new user and I am trying to figure out how to use Invproj. Can
anyone give me one example? I am trying something like

invproj +proj=utm +datum=WGS84 281392 2056212

to get Lat Long coordinates from my UTM coordinates. But I get the
error #2.

Thanks a lot!

Naiara.