[Proj] Client side coordinate transformation library - Call to developers/testers

Oscar van Vlijmen ovv at hetnet.nl
Tue Jul 25 06:53:45 PDT 2006

From: "Aaron Koning"
Subject: [Proj] Client side coordinate transformation library - Call to
developers/testers

> A while ago I created a client side coordinate transformation library called
> GCTP-JS (Open Source, GPL licence).
> Then the projection file must be tested, which is best done by someone who
> uses that particular projection often.

If you want to test GCTP(-derived) programs, it seems more logical to me to
use the very extensive GCTP test suite.
There are 4 tar-balls, but the last time I looked, two projections were
missing (eqrect, equidc), so you need to d/l those two separately as text
files.
A problem with URLs is that they change often. The 'amdahl' test suite I
obtained is probably no longer available, but the C-version test suite is:
<ftp://edcftp.cr.usgs.gov/pub/software/gctpc/>