[Proj] Aruba projection

Clifford J Mugnier cjmce at lsu.edu
Wed Apr 4 07:39:00 PDT 2007

Milo,

Details and parameters of the Aruba Datum of 1951 and the Aruba Transverse Mercator Grid are in my "Grids and Datums" column of "Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing," July 2002, pp.653-654.  A pdf file of the column may be downloaded from www.ASPRS.org/resources/grids.  The other datums and grids of the Netherlands Antilles are included therein also.

A Stereographic projection is a good guess for a Dutch Colony, but it really is a TM - it surprised me, too.

Regards,

Clifford J. Mugnier, C.P., C.M.S.
National Director (2006-2008),
Photogrammetric Applications Division
American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing
and
Chief of Geodesy,
CENTER FOR GEOINFORMATICS
Department of Civil Engineering
CEBA 3223A
LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY
Baton Rouge, LA  70803
Voice and Facsimile:  (225) 578-8536 [Academic]
Voice and Facsimile:  (225) 578-4474 [Research]
Honorary Life Member of the
Louisiana Society of Professional Surveyors
Member Emeritus of the ASPRS
http://www.asprs.org/resources/GRIDS/ <https://email.lsu.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://email.lsu.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.asprs.org/resources/GRIDS/>
http://appl003.lsu.edu/eng/ceeweb.nsf/$Content/Mugnier <https://email.lsu.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://email.lsu.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://appl003.lsu.edu/eng/ceeweb.nsf/$Content/Mugnier>