[Proj] ED50 Spain Portugal to WSG 84

Jose Gonçalves jagoncal at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 08:24:05 PDT 2009

Assuming that the ED50 data are in UTM projection, you can use:

   cs2cs +proj=utm +ellps=intl +zone=30 +towgs84=-84,-107,-120 +to
+proj=latlong +datum=WGS84

Depending on the longitude the zone can also be 31 or 29 (Portugal is all
29). The datum shift parameters (+towgs84) introduce errors of a few meters.

Regards

José Gonçalves