[Proj] input file

Anto C. antocomisso at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 09:37:43 PDT 2009

Hello everyone out there..!
I'm a college student completely new at this. I need to know how to get
started....
mine is a very simple question: what is the command line i need to use to
input a file with many points to be project? do i also need to specify the
output file?
What I'm basically trying to do is to project an enormous number of lat/long
point into x/y....
Also...i will be projecting points in Argentina (South America) any
suggestions on the kind of projection i should use?
Thank you very much! and sorry if i'm being to basic with my questions...i'm
really knew at this whole thing..! THANKS!
Antonela