[Proj] ERROR 6: No translation for Double_Stereographic to PROJ.4 format is known.

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Mar 31 12:27:09 PDT 2009

OvV_HN wrote:
> I don't get it. I always thought the existing PROJ (and libproj) function
> sterea was a full implementation of the double stereographic projection,
> suited for Dutch RD, New Brunswick / Prince Edward Island stereo and
> Romanian Stereo 70.

Oscar,

Well, that is possible.  Is someone willing to do some leg work confirming
if that is the case, and documenting the correct formulation of the
coordinate systems described in http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2487
for PROJ.4?  Some sample test points would also be helpful.  Given that
I would be happy to update GDAL to support double stereographic and
update some other resources.

Best regards,