[Proj] geod C library?

Charles Karney charles.karney at sri.com
Tue Dec 4 07:01:06 PST 2012

On 2010-11-30 10:26, Evan Miller wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am looking for the functionality provided by "geod" and "invgeod"
> (great circle calculations) wrapped up in a plain C library. I found
> Charles Karney's Geographic Library, but that's C++.
>
> Does anyone know of such a library? Is there any reason (other than time
> and effort) that Proj.4 doesn't provide a geod API?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Evan Miller

The latest version of GeographicLib, 1.27, includes a straight C
implementation of the geodesic routines plus sample programs for solving
the direct and inverse geodesic problems.  Download the source
distribution from

http://sf.net/projects/geographiclib/files/distrib/GeographicLib-1.27.tar.gz

and look in the legacy/C directory.  The API is documented at the
beginning of geodesic.h .

This version also includes Fortran, Python, Javascipt, and Matlab
implementations.  The Matlab implementation is also available from

   http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/39108

and the Python implementation is also available from

   http://pypi.python.org/pypi/geographiclib

--
Charles Karney <charles.karney at sri.com>
SRI International, Princeton, NJ 08543-5300

Tel: +1 609 734 2312
Fax: +1 609 734 2662