[Proj] PROJ 4.8.0 Release Candidate 1

Eric Miller EMiller at dfg.ca.gov
Tue Mar 13 09:26:26 PDT 2012

Jeff,

I believe it's a matter of configuring the MSVC environment. For instance,

C:\proj-4.8.0>"\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\vcvarsall.bat" amd64
C:\proj-4.8.0>nmake /f makefile.vc

See, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/x4d2c09s%28v=vs.100%29.aspx

You'll need a 64-bit MSVC compiler, though.  Apparently that isn't shipped with the free Visual C++ Express.
--

Eric G. Miller
Software Developer