[Proj] Problems with /Op option used to compile proj in Microsoft Visual Studio

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Mar 15 11:01:04 PDT 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 8:09 AM, Calogero Mauceri <mauceri at actgate.com> wrote:
> Well, then my question is, which are the cases where the two point
> equidistant projection could not behave well? Is it a problem of the two
> point equidistant definition or a problem of the way it is implemented
> in proj lib?

Calogero,

I don't claim to understand the tpeqd projection well, but your parameters:

 +lat_1=-22.960070000 +lon_1=65.546300000
 +lat_2=-22.959730000 +lon_2=65.546160000

seem suspect to me in that they are so close.  Do you find similar
stability issues when the two points used are not so very close
together?

My must admit, I'm not sure why /Op is used and I suspect it is not
really all that appropriate as a default for PROJ.4.

Best regards,