[Proj] The area of a rhumb line polygon

Charles Karney charles.karney at sri.com
Tue Dec 16 06:13:23 PST 2014

Only the toolbox version requires R2014b.  The Matlab release I used was
R2013a and it works with Octave too.  Just click on "Download Zip".

GeographicLib already works with the World Magnetic Model 2015.  You can
download the model from

   https://sf.net/projects/geographiclib/files/magnetic-distrib/

and you are good to go.  Just specify "-n wmm2015" to the MagneticField
utility.  (This will be the default for GeographicLib 1.40 which I will
be releasing later this week.)

While on the subject of great ellipses, I provide a critique of some
papers which advocate great ellipses for the purposes of navigation at

   http://geographiclib.sf.net/html/greatellipse.html#gevsgeodesic

   --Charles