[Proj] Proj 4.9.1RC4 -- cmake package name should be PROJ4 not PROJ

Charles Karney charles.karney at sri.com
Tue Mar 3 08:27:40 PST 2015

In integrating 4.9.1RC4 into our build environment, I see that I chose
wrong on the cmake "package name".  I picked "PROJ"; however the
existing libgeotiff release does

   find_package(PROJ4)

At the risk of delaying the release by a day or so, I recommend that I
switch to PROJ4 as the cmake name, so that it works seamlessly with the
released version libgeotiff.

Other cmake issues that I plan to fix (or have fixed) on our internal
branch at SRI are:

* append _d to library names and executables for Windows debug
   configurations.

* stop tests from writing log files in the source tree (which may, after
   all, be on a read-only partition).

I plan to wait until *after* the release of 4.9.1 before submitting
these patches.