[PROJ] (Angular/Linear/Scale) speed in C++ API

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.com
Mon Dec 2 10:19:48 PST 2019

Le 28/11/2019 à 00:19, Even Rouault a écrit :

> Couldn't find in
> http://docs.opengeospatial.org/is/18-010r7/18-010r7.html an example
> for a time-dependant operation nor more formal requirements, but
> https://www.epsg-registry.org/export.htm?wkt=urn:ogc:def:coordinateOperation:EPSG::8070
> uses those type of nodes for the units of the rate of changes

Just for information (not a request for change), Units of Measurements
in ISO 19111 are defined by ISO 19103:2015 figure C.4. In addition of
Length, Angle and Scale measures, that standard defines also Speed and
AngularSpeed (and more). I'm not sure why the EPSG database does not use
them.

But anyway this email is for another question. In the C++ API, class
WKTParser provides a guessDialect(string) method. But I do not see a way
to tell WKTParser::createFromWKT(string) that the given string is known
to be a GDAL flavor of WKT 1, or the OGC 01-009 standard WKT 1. Both of
them differ in the interpretation of unit of measurement in PRIMEM and
PARAMETER elements, and it seems to me hazardous to guess the flavor
automatically (I realize that it the case of PRIMEM we may rely on the
prime meridian name, but it is not guaranteed to work and it may not
solve the PARAMETER case). Did I missed something?

     Thanks

         Martin