[PROJ] Proposal for a geodetic deformation model format

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sun Dec 8 07:54:43 PST 2019

Hi Jochem,

(top-posting, because, for some reason, part of the list traffic doesn't reach
my email box...)

> 2. In a NTv2 grid shift file with a subgrid, discontinuities could occur at
the edge between the parent grid and the subgrid.
> Maybe PROJ. already does interpolate in that way? I didn’t check the source
code.

No PROJ does it the easy way: if the point to correct falls in a (sub)grid, it
interpolates only within that subgrid.
Actually, this is slightly more subtle than that: PROJ selects a subgrid, even
if the point to transform is slightly outside it (epsilon based on a 1 / 10000
of the (sub)grid resolution: see
https://github.com/OSGeo/PROJ/blob/master/src/apply_gridshift.cpp#L127 )
And for the reverse transformation, it also stays within the subgrid it
initially selected.