[PROJ] Graduation day

Kristian Evers kreve at sdfe.dk
Thu Dec 12 06:23:52 PST 2019

All,

I am happy to announce that as of a few weeks ago PROJ is now recognized as a full OSGeo project.
The project has been through the incubation process established by OSGeo and has proven that it
lives up to the high standards of project organization that is expected of OSGeo projects. The OSGeo
board approved the graduation the 25th of November [0].

OSGeo graduation is a big milestone for the project. While graduation is nice in itself as recognition
of the PROJ community, it also comes with access to other OSGeo benefits, such as an annual budget,
marketing and support from the system administration group. We have already benefitted immensely
from the latter for years. Of cause all this OSGeo goodness comes with a responsibility, so from now
on PROJ will have to report to the OSGeo board on a regular basis. For now I will serve as the
"project officer".

Thanks to Michael Smith and Jody Garnet for guiding PROJ through the incubation process. Also
thanks to everyone from the PROJ community who has pitched in along the way.

Best regards,
Kristian

[0] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2019-11-25