[PROJ] Proj6 Docs

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sat Feb 16 14:35:43 PST 2019

> > If just after that and before the first +step, you insert
> >
> > +step +proj=axisswap +proj=axisswap +order=2,1
>
> twice?

For example if you transform from EPSG:4326 to something, as PROJ internally
handles geodetic coordinates in the long, lat order, the pipeline it will
return will do as a first step an axis inversion from lat, long (the axis
order of EPSG:4326) to long, lat.
If you actually want to create a pipeline that takes long, lat coordinates,
you'd have to add an extra axisswap before, or remove the axisswap PROJ
automatically added.

> Unfortunately, running proj_as_proj_string() on my transform
> <https://gist.github.com/pramsey/22127622023e88cd415cd1524db0a285#file-proj
> -c-L19
> <https://gist.github.com/pramsey/22127622023e88cd415cd1524db0a285#file-proj
> -c-L19>> results in
>
>   proj_as_proj_string: Object type not exportable to PROJ

Yes, that's what I meant with my above "(not in your case with
alternatives though)". As there are several potential alternatives, the PJ
object you get cannot be exported as a PROJ string, since the actal PROJ
string will change depending on the coordinates with which you'll call
proj_trans()