[PROJ] NTV2 format

Jochem jochem.lesparre at kadaster.nl
Mon Feb 25 13:24:14 PST 2019

> Is anyone aware of .gsb files in the wild using GS_TYPE != SECONDS ?
> The above link mentions "All published NTv2 files that we have seen have a
> GS_TYPE of "SECONDS".

The Netherlands probably would have got a NTv2 (.gsb) file in degrees if
Proj. would have supported it. Only when I noticed that Proj. did not
support it and that "All published NTv2 files that we have seen have a
GS_TYPE of SECONDS", we decided to use seconds too. Actually, we would
prefer to use a totally different format with grid values in decimal
degrees, eastern hemisphere positive and starting in the SW (or maybe NW).
We only use NTv2 because we believe it is the most widely supported format,
not because it is technically the best or the easiest to implement.

Regards, Jochem

--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/PROJ-4-f3840930.html