[PROJ] PROJ 6.0.0RC3

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Mon Feb 25 16:50:03 PST 2019

A bit stream of consciouness, but:

  ERROR: [check-portability.awk] configure: if test "x$with_external_gtest" == "xyes" ; then

(test == is a bashism not specified by POSIX; replace with single =)

I am seeing a couple of files with c++ errors (NetBSD 8 amd64, gcc
5.5.0).  I see in NEWS that c++11 is required, but I am not seeing
proj's build system (I used configure) insert --std=c++11.  I wonder if
there is a hidden assumption that the compiler will default to c++11,
rather than a requirement that it be capable.

I will look into the compilation issues and post more details.