[PROJ] PROJ 6.0.0RC3

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Feb 26 09:47:04 PST 2019

On mardi 26 février 2019 16:41:56 CET Even Rouault wrote:
> On mardi 26 février 2019 15:32:10 CET Kristian Evers wrote:
> > Are we at a point now where we say if this is a problem local to Greg’s
> > setup or if this is a general problem in PROJ that needs fixing?
>
> Might be a problem that only occurs on NetBSD.
> I'm downloading an installation DVD, and will try to setup a VM to see if I
> can reproduce, but I'm a noob in NetBSD...

Was a bit painful as expected, but I managed to reproduce the issue. Removing
#define _XOPEN_SOURCE 500 fixes the issue on netBSD 8, and it doesn't seem to
hurt on Linux as well. https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/pull/1293 in progress
to check this. I suspect this might have been useful when this was a .c file,
but no longer as a .cpp one.

When running the test suite, I had a small tolerance issue in gie tests
addressed by relaxing it in the PR.

The C++ unit tests also fail on io.wkt_parsing_with_parenthesis. I've been
unable to determine the cause. Presumably the use of non-ASCII characters in
hexadecimal form. Not sure why this would be netBSD specific... But this is is
really a non-critical test.

Note: gmake and not make is required on netBSD, since we have apparently some
gnu'ism in particular to build proj.db or run the test suite