[PROJ] Motion: Adopt RFC3 - Dependency management

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Jan 16 08:08:20 PST 2019

On mercredi 16 janvier 2019 15:53:34 CET Kristian Evers wrote:
> Most of the code is now compiled as C++ so probably not a big issue in
> practical terms.

Yes and no. My point was that, in the current state of PROJ master, people can
for example use a separately compiled PROJ with whatever "modern" compiler we
require (or use a PROJ binary from their prefered packaging), but still
wanting to use the PROJ C API with their own build constraints, like enforcing
-std=c89 in their code base, and thus including proj.h with non-C89 features
would break that.

> Just to be clear, I have no intention of updating the RFC as it is now. I
> don’t think the concerns raised here are incompatible with the content of
> RFC3.

RFC3 is fine for me as a general strategy. This is just a example of practical
concrete decisions.
I've sticked to using int in the new C API I've added in cases where bool
might have been used.