[PROJ] Static/Dynamic Webmapping Problem version 2.0

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 05:32:46 PDT 2019

Hi folks,
I've incorporated a lot of feeback from people on this list, and from the
Australian geospatial people and have restarted the Static/Dynamic
Webmapping Problem.

Comments are encouraged.

If commenting, please log so we know who says what. Please don't change the
text as it quickly becomes difficult to read.

I'm very mindful that this is a challenging problem, requiring
collaboration to solve, and we still have quite a bit of work in achieving
this.

Doc here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1A4Q8-863fKQ-BJzh0ruz7bKvk3itiy8LmmWrwUR1J9g/edit#heading=h.nn4r38g65fhf

Original problem statement:

>* > Our Australian spatial data users are about to face a systematic mismatch **challenge when trying to use multiple static datums (GDA2020, GDA94) with **the dynamic datum (WGS84). At the moment, it is government agencies** grappling with the problem, but it is about to become a mainstream issue.*

Cheers, Cameron

--
Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier