[PROJ] Announcing PROJ 6.0.0

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Sun Mar 3 09:09:39 PST 2019

(Now that 6 is out, the question for packagers is when is a good time to
actually push the update to users.  I have prepared an update for pkgsrc
that seems to be fine, by itself and am testing other things that I have
installed.)

libspatialite failed to build because of proj_api.h.  The last upstream
release seems to be from 2015-09, per
  https://www.gaia-gis.it/fossil/libspatialite/index
but also there seems to be a beta from last August.  (pkgsrc does not
package other than releases, unless really necessary to work around
upstreams that don't believe in releases.)

Is anyone aware of what's expected to happen with spatialite?

How serious is the breakage without spatialite (qgis wants it)?