[PROJ] Where does the epsg database come from?

Bennett E.J. e.j.bennett at swansea.ac.uk
Fri Mar 8 07:15:30 PST 2019

Hi all

I’m trying to build PROJ from source, for use on an HPC facility, where packages are installed as environment modules (so can’t be installed via yum).

The software I’m trying to build against PROJ is complaining that it can’t find epsg. Sure enough, epsg isn’t present in the share/proj/ directory (or anywhere else) when I follow the installation instructions for PROJ, even when I populate the data folder from the proj-datumgrid archive before running make.

I can extract the file from an RPM and add it to the build, but that seems somewhat backwards—where should the database be generated from the source package, please?

Thanks

Ed