[PROJ] Backport policy to 6.0.x for database content and structure change ?

Kristian Evers kreve at sdfe.dk
Mon Mar 25 23:15:45 PDT 2019

I think we should accept that some changes will be required during the first
few months of PROJ 6. So, I am fine with this change.

In the future (maybe from 6.1.0?) we should stick to the concepts of semantic
versioning, in the same way we do with code. So, only bug fixes in patch-releases,
which for the database I think should also include data updates. Minor version
releases can add new tables etc, but not remove anything and of course breaking
changes should only be allowed in major version releases.

/Kristian