[PROJ] Getting "proj" and "datum" for a CRS

Kristian Evers kreve at sdfe.dk
Tue May 7 05:48:41 PDT 2019

> On 7 May 2019, at 11:37, Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> wrote:
>
>>> I'd note that adding a new member to PJ_PROJ_INFO will change the ABI in a
>>> incompatible manner. Will/would require a libtool 'current' bump
>>
>> So is this a -1 on this change? I'm conscious the deadline is closing
>> for 6.1....
>
> I'm indifferent. Was mostly to bring that to the attention of Kristian.

Thanks :-) I am of the opinion that we should avoid incompatible changes for
this release. When suggested adding more to PJ_PROJ_INFO I didn’t realize
that it would affect the ABI.

In addition, after having giving this some more though I think there must be a
better way to deal with this problem. A generic function that can returns all
parameters that make up a PJ object would be preferable. A wrapper for
pj_param() would do the trick but a better way likely exists.