[PROJ] Motion: Promote 6.1.0RC3 to final release

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon May 13 07:53:35 PDT 2019

On lundi 13 mai 2019 07:36:28 CDT Alan Snow wrote:
> It should be noted that proj_identify does not filter by auth_name (I
> raised an issue about that). Everything else works great 👍. So, if that
> capability is not a deal breaker, should be fine to proceed with the
> release.

I've just issued a pull request ( https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/pull/1466 )
to fix it.
I don't think that is a release blocker though. The bug was already in 6.0.
There will always been known and unknown bugs in any release we issue...

A possible workaround is to export the CRS to identify as a PROJ string,
create a new CRS object from it, and identify it by restricting to the EPSG
authoriy name (of course you'll loose some information). Or a bit better, but
more involved, export as WKT, remove the ID/AUTHORITY node, and identify.

Even