[PROJ] Newbie question on projections

Daniel Suson djsuson at gmail.com
Thu May 23 10:14:52 PDT 2019

I have a project that takes spherical maps (either Terrestrial or
astronomical) as its input. The inputted data is stored in a "flat"
360x180 (scaled up or down depending upon the resolution) 2-D array. As
an early step in the process I then display the map in one of the basic
projections (currently Mollweide, but I would like to support others). I
am hoping that I can use PROJ4 to transform this into another 2-D array
that can then be passed into the display routines.

 1. Is this something that PROJ4 can do?
 2. If so, can this capability be called as a library function from
    within the program?
 3. If not, is there another library I should consider to support this need?

Thank you for your help with this.