[PROJ] Grid CDN Update and Crowdfunding Request

Chris Crook ccrook at linz.govt.nz
Wed Nov 13 14:13:56 PST 2019

Looks like a happy alignment of the stars :-)

I believe discussions in the past have been along the lines of proposing an entirely new geodetic grid format.  It seems to me if GeoTIFF can serve our requirements it could get us a huge step up in terms of existing infrastructure, particularly with the potential for online selection of subsets, grid creation and management.  (Apart from the constraints from the circular proj  <-> geotiff dependency that is, but libtiff is presumably fair game).

Cheers
Chris