[PROJ] Anomalous characters in the file data/ITRF2014 in version 6.2.0

Xavier Collilieux xavier.collilieux at ensg.eu
Mon Nov 18 12:18:52 PST 2019

Dear all,

Sorry to annoy you if this error is already known.

I found that a few tranformations making use of ITRF2014 tectonic plate rotation poles were wrong whereas the file  data/ITRF2014 looks correct (for example the transformation +proj=helmert +init=ITRF2014:EURA).
After investigation, I finally found that some "minus" characters in the file data/ITRF2014 are incorrect.
For example, in the following line:
+proj=helmert +drx=−0.000085 +dry=−0.000531 +drz=0.000770  +convention=position_vector

Once I have replaced the character above with the appropriate "minus" sign and recompiled, the transformation provides the right result (only checked for this one).

Best regards,

- Xavier

PS: I use version 6.2.0 with Ubuntu 18 in command line mode.