[PROJ] WGS84/NAD83 Original to {current} transforms

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Nov 22 16:51:51 PST 2019

On vendredi 22 novembre 2019 23:59:50 CET Matt.Wilkie at gov.yk.ca wrote:
> Hi Even,
>
> Yeah, it's the same quest that had me wake up the Github issue.
>
> It would be great to resolve the licensing question for the provincial
> grids, and help if I can.

You mean the ones on
https://webapp.geod.nrcan.gc.ca/geod/data-donnees/transformations.php ?
Well, I think the Open Government Licence - Canada should be good enough given
it is endorsed by https://opendefinition.org/licenses/

> It won't help my particular situation of: no
> grids available at all.

Ah ok, now after reading
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provinces_and_territories_of_Canada explains the
difference between a province and territory, I better understand your issue
with the Yukkon *territory*, to be opposed to the transformations available
for the *provinces*

Well, yes if there is no data published, we can't do much :-) Your local
contacts within the related agencies are certainly the best approach.

> It should be okay to have a script that displayed the disclaimer,
downloaded, and stuffed the files in the right directory though as the
restriction is on redistribution:

I can't log on that ftp server. It times out.
How are those datasets different from the ones on
https://webapp.geod.nrcan.gc.ca/geod/data-donnees/transformations.php , like
the BC_93_05.GSB ?