[PROJ] The new PROJ logo

Kristian Evers kristianevers at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 12:01:56 PDT 2019

All,

The PSC has discussed all the various logo proposals submitted by Nicolas and Sylvain. While we found that many of the suggested logos were very good one stood out from the crowd. The 12B proposal from Sylvain. We have decided to adopt that as the new logo for PROJ since it is clear, uncluttered and, hence, is recognizable and readable at any scale - and even provides an excellent favicon. So, here it is, the new PROJ logo:

Many thanks to both Nicolas and Sylvain for their great logo suggestions. And thank you to those of you who helped them along by collaborative brain storming here on the mailing list.

/Kristian