[PROJ] Way to transform coordinates given an osgeo::proj::operation::CoordinateOperation?

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.com
Wed Oct 9 07:36:10 PDT 2019

Le 09/10/2019 à 16:19, Even Rouault a écrit :
> You have indeed to go to the C API, but use proj_create() instead of
> pj_create_internal()

Thanks. But looking at proj_create() source code, it seems to fetch its
own DatabaseContext (or maybe not, depending on PROJ string content).
Can I assume that the PROJ string will be such as proj_create() will not
need to fetch a DatabaseContext? Or alternatively is there a public API
for associating a DatabaseContext to a PJ_CONTEXT (if this is not a
wrong thing to do)?

If understand that a PJ object can be used by only one thread at a time.
But does PJ retains a reference to PJ_CONTEXT or DatabaseContext after
construction? In the later case, the requirement would be a little bit
stronger since I must ensure that no PJ constructed with the same
PJ_CONTEXT are used in same time, right?

     Martin