[PROJ] Vector/SIMD acceleration

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Apr 17 14:03:31 PDT 2020

> https://eigen.tuxfamily.org/dox/group__CoeffwiseMathFunctions.html

Oh ok, the Array type, not the Vector type. That's a bit better.

But playing with that, I can see for example that vectorized sin() is only
implemented for SSE2/AVX using the code from http://gruntthepeon.free.fr/
ssemath/ for single precision, not double that we need for PROJ. So by default
Eigen with double type fallbacks to serialized evaluation of sin() for each
member of the array.

We could probably provide an implementation using Sleef, but from what I see
that would require to modify Eigen headers themselves.