[PROJ] NOAA VDatum Tidal Grids and PROJ CDN

Javier Jimenez Shaw j1 at jimenezshaw.com
Wed Dec 16 08:04:18 PST 2020

CDN is a nice place to store big projects. And it is actually great that
they want to use PROJ "format" to publish it. However, as Even and Greg
mentioned, there are other use cases where you need it locally in your
computer/device. If it is it planned to be in PROJ-data, maybe I should buy
a new hard drive ;)

If I am not wrong, NOAA (or other institution) is upgrading the American
horizontal and vertical CRSs in 2022. I could imagine that they will
publish the Tidal Grids referred to the new ones once published. Am I right?

I am curious which data is that, that takes 12GB. Can we see it somewhere?

Cheers,
Javier
Entre dos pensamientos racionales
hay infinitos pensamientos irracionales.