[PROJ] Transformation for local grid

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Feb 10 03:45:25 PST 2020

On lundi 10 février 2020 12:07:31 CET Pierre Chaponniere wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> thanks heaps to Jochem and Even, this is great ! What a reactivity !
> I managed to run my translation, rotation and back - all went well.
>
> I thought the easiest would have been the z but somehow proj does not
> recognize my +zoff argument for an affine transformation.
>
> For example in my below proj command, the +zoff is ignored...Have you
> encountered this before?

"proj" is the ancient way of transforming coordinates, and as its name
suggests (or not), it is only meant at dealing with plain cartographic
projections, and 2D coords only, and generally not pipeline strings. That it
works a bit for you is a bit by accident. It copies blindly any numeric or
non-numeric values after the first 2 ones.

Just replace "proj" by "cct" and you'll get the expected result.