[PROJ] Adding new projection to Proj4

Alessandro Burini Alessandro.Burini at eumetsat.int
Sat Feb 15 23:38:30 PST 2020

Hello,

My name is Alessandro Burini and I am working at Eumetsat, Germany. I have been a user of proj4 for many years and I am now facing a new challenge.
Starting from the work of S. Millis (https://www.spiedigitallibrary.org/conference-proceedings-of-spie/9218/92180C/The-ground-track-oblique-Cassini-projection-used-for-producing-VIIRS/10.1117/12.2060760.short?SSO=1), we prototyped a C++ and python version of the Ground Track Oblique Cassini projection and we would like to integrate it into proj4. Is this something feasible?
We have already contacted the author of the paper to request the permission of implementing such projection and, since we started from a published paper, we had the permission to use it.
We think that the integration of such projection into proj4 would benefit us and the entire user community.
Regards

Alessandro

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Any email message from EUMETSAT is sent in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by EUMETSAT, except where provided for in a written agreement or contract or if explicitly stated in the email. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the sender and do not necessarily represent those of EUMETSAT. This message and any attachments are intended for the sole use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorised use, disclosure, dissemination or distribution (in whole or in part) of its contents is not permitted. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system.