[PROJ] RFC4: last chance to comment before motion

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Sun Jan 5 17:05:41 PST 2020

Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com> writes:

> On Sat, 4 Jan 2020 at 07:32, Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> wrote:
>>
>> > And possibly, just do a
>> > post-install, first run background task which bulk downloads the
>> > complete set of grids from the CDN so that they're available
>> > already...
>>
>> This brute force approach can work (unless we reach gigabytes of
>> geodetic adjustment data :-))
>
> The other issue would be keeping track of updates to the grids. I'm
> guessing there's no public api for determining the grid changes
> available?

I am behind in reading everything, but I would hope that within the proj
world the downloaded grids have version numbers and are essentially just
a caching distributed filesystem to get parts of the files which could
have been downloaded.  So this should be the same as "does your
installation have proj-datumgrid-north-america-1.3.tar.gz"?