[PROJ] RFC4: last chance to comment before motion

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Jan 6 17:34:00 PST 2020

On lundi 6 janvier 2020 16:21:36 CET Even Rouault wrote:
> > Even in the HARN case, I think it's good for people to be able to know
> > that "foo-1.0" is broken and "foo-1.0.1" is what they should use,
> > instead of "I have foo-1.0; is that the ok version or not?"

After discussing this topic of grid versionning with Howard, this seems a bit
of over-engineering for now, at least for the remote grid fetching part. We
might reconsider this in the future, for example if grid producers themselves
adhere to stricter versionning.
The static snapshots of the git repository (to be determined if we go to a
single one or some other subdivision scheme) will remain the main tools to
have grid versioning for now.