[PROJ] proj manual, versioning, download location

Mike Taves mwtoews at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 11:17:12 PST 2020

On Wed, 8 Jan 2020 at 08:46, Mike Taves <mwtoews at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sure, I'll investigate this a bit further to see if it's possible,
> given the complexity of Doxygen and Breathe. And yes, you can
> customize domains.

Good news, it wasn't too difficult to setup with RTD. I've set up a
temporary site to look at:
https://proj-tmp.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

This has versions 6.0, 6.1, 6.2 and master (7.0), in html and PDF,
which can be navigated on the bottom left side. This works for mobile
browsers too.

Now, we decide if we like it. And if we do, then Howard could set-up a
more permanent RTD account. I could then make a initial PR, and
backport as needed.

One upside of offloading building docs to RTD is that it could free up
Travis CI time. It takes about 8 mins for RTD to process html and pdf
outputs.