[PROJ] proj manual, versioning, download location

Mike Taves mwtoews at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 17:31:42 PST 2020

On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 at 13:52, Greg Troxel <gdt at lexort.com> wrote:
> I don't follow this, as PROJ still needs to have docs that build to
> include in packages (e.g. for offline ues), and it would seem that
> validating that the docs build properly should remain part of CI.
>
> Or is there some hook to have results from RTD fed back to the main CI
> to fail the build if the docs failed?

GitHub has "checks" for PRs (currently PROJ has Cirrus CI and Travis
CI), however I don't see how to add RTD to the list of checks.

However, I can add a SVG badge to README.md, see:
https://readthedocs.org/projects/proj-tmp/

If one branch of docs fails for whatever reason, then their status
should visibly change and the docs remain with the last passing build
(if any). There are also email and webhook notifications that can be
enabled.

Also, I don't mind if the html docs are still built by Travis CI, as
these only take a minute to complete. The PDFs, however, take several
minutes to produce, and would be nice to offload these builds
elsewhere.