[PROJ] Switch to proj-datumgrid-geotiff for PROJ 7 ?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Jan 16 18:38:05 PST 2020

> So, although admitedly the exception currently, the behaviour I propose in
> the document and that would become the general rule, can already happen.

Hum thinking however that with the ${agency_name}/${grid_name} structure I
proposed, then having the URL only wouldn't be enough to know where to put the
file exactly. You should also look at the shortName that might be "fr_ign/
ntf_r93.tif" to potentially create the appropriate subdirectory.

Darn. A bit more complicated than I'd like it to be. The flat organization
might be the less risky after all.

So, we could just have the ${agency_name}.txt files listing the grids related
to an agency to help packagers create smaller packagers.

Or an idea I had but didn't expose yet, prefix grid name with the agency name.

fr_ign_ntf_r93.tif
nz_linz_nzgd2kgrid0005.tif
etc...