[PROJ] Calling for 7.0.1 release

Kristian Evers kreve at sdfe.dk
Wed Mar 25 03:43:30 PDT 2020

Devrim,

Please keep the discussion civil. We all come from different backgrounds and
complete knowledge on each other areas of expertise can't be expected. Both Bas
and Greg are experienced packagers in their respective Unix/Linux distributions
and they've given you as good advice as they can. There's no need to get snarky
if that advice doesn't apply to the RHEL world.

With that being said, I don't find it necessary to disturb the established
release schedule based on this bug. I agree that the 7.0.0 release has a flaw
but as far as I am aware it has been fixed in master and will be available in
about a month's time. If this was something that affected all packaging systems
it would be higher priority to get 7.0.1 out as fast as possible. This issue
should have been caught at the release candidate stage but unfortunately it
wasn't found soon enough. I would encourage you to keep an eye on coming release
candidates and report back your feedback when something doesn't work as
expected. We can only fix the problems if we are aware of them.

/Kristian