[PROJ] "Local" projection method?

Noel Zinn (cc) ndzinn at comcast.net
Thu Sep 24 03:39:07 PDT 2020

Here’s more on the Ellipsoidal Orthographic FYI:

http://www.hydrometronics.com/downloads/Ellipsoidal%20Orthographic%20Projection.pdf

Esri refer to this as their Local Cartesian Projection.

No need for authalic latitude in the ellipsoidal case.

Noel Zinn, Principal, Hydrometronics LLC
+1-832-539-1472 (office), +1-281-221-0051 (cell)
noel.zinn at hydrometronics.com (email)
http://www.hydrometronics.com (website)