[PROJ] ballpark transformation ITRF2014 -> CH1903+

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Thu Apr 29 06:22:32 PDT 2021

Javier Jimenez Shaw <j1 at jimenezshaw.com> writes:

> I could not expect that such transformation was not published.
> Now I see that WGS84(G1762) to ETRS89 goes through WGS84, with an accuracy
> of 3m. Looks like Europe is isolated from the World (in a datum accurate
> transformation sense ;)

It seems to be quite published (by an author whose name will be quite
familiar to followers of ITRF).  It seems that it is merely not
expressed in the EPSG database.

  http://etrs89.ensg.ign.fr/pub/EUREF-TN-1.pdf

Also there's the minor issue that ETRS89 is a system not a frame and
there are many ETRFnn and ETRFnnnn frames.  So ETRS89 appears to be one
of those pesky datum ensembles, from a pedantic view.