[PROJ] PROJ without proj.db

Søren Holm sgh at sgh.dk
Tue Mar 9 10:59:27 PST 2021

Sure

To elaborate a bit.

My application in running on Android. That implies a couple of things.

1. It is difficult to distribute static files - they are always placed in a
compressed file and regular linux file io functions (that sqlite uses) does not
work on those.

2. Given that I do not need the database, increasing my apk-size by 8MB is
unnecessary.

So - I just need a way to have PROJ stop complaining about a database that -
for my usecase - is not needed to resolved the initstring.

In all of this my assumption is that proj.db *MUST* be the file generated for a
specific PROJ-version. Please correct me if I'm wrong about that :)

--
Søren Holm