[PROJ] transofmrations test suite

wcd vydramail at quick.cz
Fri Nov 26 07:35:33 PST 2021

Hello,
I would like to develop a test suite around my coordinate transformation
provider which uses PROJ. The test suite should provide a reference so when
I update say the proj version or some parameters in the future, I can still
be sure I get the same results as before.

I am looking for some test data for this purpose. Perhaps I could generate
some lat lon grids within area of interest of each coordinate system and
project these grids to obtain the reference data. And I could do something
similar to obtain reference data for different datum transformations too.

I wonder if somebody has done this kind of thing before. Do you have a
better idea? Are there any standard datasets that proj or other libraries
are tested against?

Many thanks for any input.
Filip.