[PROJ] PROJ 9.0.0RC1 & PROJ-data 1.9RC1

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Feb 15 13:42:48 PST 2022

Kristian,

technically as we didn't break any API or ABI compared to 8.2.1, I
believe we could have treated that as a feature release w.r.t libtool
like version numbers, hence with:

set(PROJ_LIBTOOL_CURRENT    25)
set(PROJ_LIBTOOL_REVISION   0)
set(PROJ_LIBTOOL_AGE        3)

keeping the same SONAME at 25 -3 = 22

(if we exclude the removal of autoconf, this is closer to being a 8.3.0
than a 9.0.0)

But I don't have a strong enough opinion w.r.t to the above to know if
it's worth a RC2

Otherwise it builds fine here

Even