[PROJ] Correcting metadata in GeoTIFF files

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 31 04:46:58 PST 2022

On 1/31/22 13:20, Even Rouault wrote:
> Le 31/01/2022 à 12:45, Lesparre, Jochem a écrit :
>> Since the naptrans2008 and 2018 grids of the Netherlands are the only
>> use case, and these are only needed for PROJ <6, then we might not
>> need GeoTIFFs for these grids, I think. Maybe, this option could be
>> removed entirely?
>>
> I personally wouldn't mind, but it might potential break users who rely
> on them explictly. Maybe Sebastiaan has some thoughts on that ?

I'd like to drop the proj-rdnap package from Debian which provides the
RDNAPTRANS 2008 and 2018 .gsb & .gtx files. These are obsolete now that
PROJ uses the GeoTIFF grids (from the CDN).

AFAIK the GeoTIFF grids were created by converting the .gsb & .gtx files.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
  GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1