[PROJ] Help with building proj 5.1.0 with cmake

Teis Aalbæk-Nielsen tean at netcompany.com
Tue Jul 2 04:56:59 PDT 2024

Hi,

I am having problems with building proj 5.1.0 with cmake. My problem arises in that I want to build the JNI .jar file so that I can use it with my java program. I found a readme.md with a description of how to build it using the nmake tool, but not one with cmake. Does anyone know how to compile it with the cmake tool?

My current output from cmake is this:

<path_to_proj>/PROJ-5.1.0/build>cmake ..
CMake Deprecation Warning at CMakeLists.txt:12 (cmake_minimum_required):
  Compatibility with CMake < 3.5 will be removed from a future version of
  CMake.

  Update the VERSION argument <min> value or use a ...<max> suffix to tell
  CMake that the project does not need compatibility with older versions.

-- Selecting Windows SDK version 10.0.22621.0 to target Windows 10.0.19045.
--
-- Configuring PROJ:
--
-- PROJ_VERSION                             = 5.0.0
-- PROJ_ABI_VERSION                         = 5_0
-- WARNING:
-- Could not determine compiler toolset name to set PROJ_COMPILER_NAME variable.
-- WARNING:
-- Could not determine platform name to set PROJ_COMPILER_NAME variable.
-- PROJ_PLATFORM_NAME                       = win32
-- PROJ_COMPILER_NAME                       =
-- PROJ_TESTS                               = ON
--
-- Configuring proj library:
--

I am on a bit of a time crunch, so any help is greatly appreciated!

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
Teis Aalbæk-Nielsen
Developer
Mobile +45 2062 6252