[PROJ] PROJ 9.4.1RC1 & PROJ-data 1.18RC1

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon May 27 14:29:05 PDT 2024

Hi,

We still have the same issues with the proj-data archive containing
MacOS dot-starting files. I've taken the liberty to generate a RC2 of it
by removing them with the following procedure run on the server:

  mkdir tmp
  cd tmp
  tar xvzf ../proj-data-1.18RC1.tar.gz
  rm ._*
  tar cvzf ../proj-data-1.18RC2.tar.gz *

So:

https://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-data-1.18RC2.tar.gz
https://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-data-1.18RC2.zip

Otherwise, I was surprised to see that we only shipped EPSG 11.006 and
not 11.008 as in master, but I then found out that the backports of
https://github.com/OSGeo/PROJ/pull/4093 (11.007 update) and
https://github.com/OSGeo/PROJ/pull/4132 (11.008 updates) had failed, but
we didn't notice. The issue is that the message posted by the bot is
posted with the credentials of the PR author, so the PR author doesn't
receive it, and doesn't realize that the automated backport has failed.
There must be something with the way with the bot is configured (I see
that in QGIS the message is posted by another account, so the PR author
receives an email). Anyway, I don't think there was anything particular
life critical in those updates, so they can probably wait for 9.5 .
https://github.com/OSGeo/PROJ/pull/4098 also didn't make it, but also
not business critical

Even