[Proj4j] JMapProjLib

Martin Davis mtnclimb at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 12:17:38 EDT 2011

Hi, Peter.

Your message is very timely.  I have recently talked to Bernie about the
possibility of merging the two projects. He is keen to go forward with this,
and is going to  talk to OSGeo about how to get access.

As far as I can see, what would come over from the SF JMapProjLib is:
- a few more projections
- some better superclasses for some projections
- some bug fixes.

I don't know how key these changes are for your project. I encourage you to
look at the Proj4J code and see if you can use it.  I don't expect much to
change in the current API for the final release.

As for when that release would be, it might make sense to wait for Bernie to
have a crack at the code before the release.

Martin